Client: One of the top three medical device companies and a leading provider of imaging systems, customer services, information and monitoring systems.
Challenge: To enable simultaneous shipment of all product documentation in 20-plus languages—while maintaining quality and decreasing costs.
Solution: To ensure OmniLingua Worldwide met this challenge, we:
- Collaborated with subject matter experts to build quality into the process, instead of relying on inspection and rework validated through SAE J2450
- Collaborated with authoring team to consolidate three documentation sets into one and to establish controlled authoring procedures (i.e., standard template, terminology and style)
- Revised consolidated documentation set to optimize leveraging (i.e., standardize spacing, bullets, formats)
- Implemented intelligent leveraging strategies to maximize advantages of content reuse
- Removed process waste by establishing and honing standardized workflow with stable translation teams
Result: OmniLingua Worldwide was able to meet the client’s requested deliveries while improving quality and lowering overall cost as a result of process improvement based on statistical evidence. Specifically, OmniLingua:
- Documented reduction of linguistic variability as measured by SAE J2450 metric
- Consistently delivered on time or early (+/- one day variance to requested delivery date since 2003 by 50 million words processed)
- Reduced unit word price by 89 percent since 2001, increasing average leveraging rates to 93 percent
If you’re interested in reviewing customer feedback, contact us.