OmniLingua offers more than two decades of experience in cost effective, accurate service to the Automotive industry.
We are well-known for our work for global auto manufacturers, implementing Machine Translation with post editing to achieve efficiency and savings. Here are a few highlights:
- General Motors North American Service Operations: Introduced Machine Translation in 2007 with translation of more than 70 million words per year.
- Chrysler: Fully integrated OmniLingua’s TMS with Chrysler’s outsourced CMS in order to automate the exchange of content and information in both directions. Within the first year, Chrysler achieved 50% savings over the previous process.
- Navistar: Translating Operator, Service and Diagnostic Manuals since 2012, we have improved leveraging performance by 18% while the overall price per word decreased 64%. OmniLingua now manages the master Translation Memories for Navistar.
- Rolls Royce: Translated owner manuals into 10 languages while supporting migration of product documentation to XML.
- SAE J2450: Actively participated in the development of this translation standard for the Automotive industry and chaired the committee during its early years.
As a leading language service provider to the Automotive industry, we translate to and from all global business languages, using a worldwide network of specialized automotive translators with proven expertise in translating:
- Service manuals
- Service bulletins
- Wiring diagrams
- Installation instructions
- Labor time guides
- Base tables
- Aftermarket parts
- Owner’s manuals
- Technical training material
- Customer and dealer letters
- Promotional material (see below)
We have worked directly and collaboratively with our automotive clients’ marketing partners to efficiently produce translations for marketing collateral, videos, advertisements, e-mails, catalogs/brochures, online content and newsletters.
Learn more about our solutions and take advantage of our expertise and proven processes for the Automotive industry.